Friday, September 19, 2008

Jude Law As Watson?

Read about this in an article at Variety.com, this is shaping up to be a very promising possible franchise.

Jude Law is negotiating to join Robert Downey Jr. in "Sherlock Holmes," the drama that Guy Ritchie will direct for Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow Pictures.
Guy Ritchie is a pretty decent director, and with Downey and Jude Law on board as Holmes and Watson, this could turn into a series of really good films. There has not been a Sherlock Holmes movie in quite some time, in fact, the last one I remember was "Young Sherlock Holmes" and that was not an official Holmes story, as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle never wrote an official story about Holmes's childhood. So this is basically a fresh start for the detective, and I think Downey will be great as Holmes, he has always been a great actor. Downey is one of those actors who can be the only good thing in a bad movie (like in the so so "US Marshals", no disrespect to Tommy Lee Jones). This is a movie I am definitely looking forward to.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jude Law as Watson, and Downey Jr. as Holmes? But Law's the actual Brit! I guess Downey Jr. is a good pick, but all I keep thinking of is Weird Science, when he played Ian, so I can't seriously picture it yet. In my opinion Daniel Day-Lewis is perfect for the role of Holmes.