Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ben Affleck in new Mike Judge movie


Seems that Ben Affleck is planning on being in Mike Judge's next movie, titled "Extract". I read about this in a small article at Comingsoon.net.

Ben Affleck is in negotiations to star in Miramax's Mike Judge comedy Extract, reports Variety.

Affleck will play an ambulance-chasing lawyer in the film, which centers on a flower extract factory owner (Jason Bateman) who's dealing with workplace problems and a streak of bad luck, including his wife's affair with a gigolo.

Clifton Collins Jr. is also joining the cast as a factory worker who loses a body part in a freak accident and is now due for a huge settlement. Mila Kunis and Kristen Wiig have already boarded the project, which begins filming Monday in Los Angeles.

Judge wrote the screenplay and is producing with John Altschuler and Mike Rotenberg via the trio's Ternion Productions.

Now, I have always felt that Ben Affleck has gotten a bad rap. No, he isn't the most amazing actor in the world, but how many of those are there? But he is a capable actor, and personally, I have liked everything I have seen him in. I felt that "Daredevil" was highly underrated and a really good super hero movie. He was good as a young Jack Ryan in "The Sum Of All Fears". I could go on and on, but the bottom line is he is a good actor, and seeing him in a Mike Judge movie should be good fun. Judge's first full length feature (not counting the Beavis and Butthead movie), "Office Space" is one of my favorite comedies, and I just caught his most recent movie, 2006's "Idiocracy", and it was good dumb fun as well. I like that fact that Judge doesn't just churn out a movie every couple of years, he seems to pick and choose his projects which is good. Any thoughts on Ben Affleck or Mike judge? Uhhhhh....yeahhh....they're cool.....huuhhhh huuuh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree...Ben does get a bad rap. Like you said - he is not the most talented but he always gets the job done and with no complaints from me. Let's not forget another classic - Chasing Amy and I loved him in Armegeddon (sp?). -Kim