Thursday, September 11, 2008

9-11, 7 Years Later

Always remember what's important. 7 years ago, a tragedy of immense proportions hit this country. I, along with every other New Yorker, will never forget that day. Although 7 years have passed, the emotions and intensity of that day remain with us all. To this day, I still cannot believe it happened. Every time I go to Manhattan, I still expect to see the twin towers, and I think I always will, i will never ever get used to not seeing them. I visited Ground Zero, and a friend who was there with me said he never saw me look so angry before. Although i did not personally lose someone that day, it was nonetheless a devastating loss. I was at a local park a few weeks ago and they had a 9-11 memorial there that I had never seen. It was a wonderful memorial, and by the time I left it I had tears in my eyes. A few months ago, I tried to watch the movie "United 93", and it took me a few times to actually be able to sit through the entire film. I know that parts of the movie had to be pieced together from what little information was had, so it may not have been 100% accurate, but it doesn't matter. The bravery of those people was staggering, to watch them sacrifice their lives to save others was the true definition of heroism, and there is no way you can watch that movie and not shed tears. This article is dedicated to all the souls lost on that day, we will remember you always, every fight against terrorism we fight for you, and whatever is built at Ground Zero, stands as a monument to you all.

No comments: