Thursday, September 11, 2008

GI Joe Star Talks About Cobra Commander

In an article over at MTV Movies Blog, actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt talks a bit about his role in upcoming "GI Joe:Rise Of Cobra", set to be released in the summer of 2009.......

With a number of iconic costumes in his wardrobe, the look of the character has been first and foremost on the minds of fans. Gordon-Levitt confirmed to MTV News back in April that he does wear a mask, and producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura told us recently that it wouldn’t be the classic hood. But while we’ve been busy speculating over what’s covering his face, would you believe it’s what’s underneath that might be most surprising?
I was pretty excited when I heard there was going to be a live action GI Joe movie. I had all the toys when I was a kid, watched the cartoon, read the comics. So far, I think the movie is shaping up nicely. Dennis Quaid is playing Duke, and I think that is perfect casting. Now the choice of Gordon-Levitt to play Cobra Commander threw me a bit at first, but the guy is a very good actor, and considering that I have been wrong in the past about casting choices (which I won't get into now) I am not going to pre-judge this choice. The article say that Cobra Commander won't be wearing the traditional outfit we are used to seeing him in, and that is fine. They changed the costumes of the X-Men for the movies, and that worked. In fact, all the costumes look different, but again, that's ok. The film is being directed by Stephen Sommers, who did the first two "Mummy" movies as well as the underrated "Van Helsing" which despite negative reviews, I thought was good fun. So I think in the hands of Sommers, this should be a good popcorn summer movie. Any thoughts on this possible future franchise?

No comments: